Assessment of the economic safety of peat mining enterprises
The article is devoted to the urgent problem of sustainable and economically safe development of enterprises in the peat mining sector of the economy of the Tver region. Despite the fact that peat deposits are widely represented in all regions of Russia, the efficiency of their industrial and economic use is extremely low. The purpose of the study is to determine the characteristics of the assessment and analysis of economic security of an enterprise developing peat deposits. The article discusses the relationship between the concepts of “peat rent” and “economic security”, and also provides an author’s interpretation of their content. The analysis of existing approaches to assessing the economic security of mining enterprises was carried out and the use of the rental approach based on the materials of peat industry enterprises used in this study was justified. An indicator for assessing the economic security of peat production is highlighted. The author has proposed a methodological approach, the feature of which is a comprehensive accounting of technical, economic and natural factors that objectively affect the level of economic security of peat-mining enterprises. The proposed methodological approach also allows you to develop recommendations to increase the flexibility and adaptability of peat-mining enterprises, taking into account the individual conditions of their work. Methodological research tools include the provisions of economic theory, information methods for processing statistical data and economic and mathematical modeling. The methodology was tested on the example of peat-mining enterprises in the Tver region, which have been in a state of protracted economic crisis for quite some time. The conclusions, recommendations and suggestions of the study were used in the development of the regional program "Natural Resources Management and Environmental Protection" for 2017 - 2022 (Decree of the Government of the Tver Region dated December 26, 2016 N 414-pp as amended on February 7, 2020).
rent, peat industry, economic efficiency, economic security, regional economy, investment attractiveness, regional resources, industry complex, peat extraction, technology
The work was carried out within the framework of the event MMT-2021: II International competition of scientific articles for young researchers "Modern Management Technology 2021" (Science and education on-line)
Березкина Анастасия Юрьевна, Яконовская Татьяна Борисовна. Assessment of the economic safety of peat mining enterprises // Современные технологии управления. ISSN 2226-9339. — #2 (95). Номер статьи: 9502. Дата публикации: 06.05.2021. Режим доступа: https://sovman.ru/en/article/9502/
Berezkina Anastasiya Yuryevna, Yakonovskaya Tatyana Borisovna. // Modern Management Technology. ISSN 2226-9339. — #2 (95). Art. # 9502. Date issued: 06.05.2021. Available at: https://sovman.ru/en/article/9502/
- Mikhailov, A., Zhigulskaya, A., & Yakonovskaya, T. (2017). Strip mining of peat deposit. Mine Planning and Equipment Selection: MPES 2017 Proceeding of the 26th International Symposium. Edited by Behzad Ghodrati, Uday Kumar, Håkan Schunnesson (29 – 31 August 2017). Luleå: Luleå University of Technology, 497 – 501.
- Yakonovskaya T.B., Zhigul’skaya A.I., Zhigul’skiy M.A. (2018) Analysis of investment and innovation activity in the peat industry. Current state of economic systems: economics and management [Analiz investitsionno-innovatsionnoy aktivnosti v torfyanoy otrasli]. Collection of scientific papers of the International Scientific Conference (4 – 5 December, 2018). Tver: SKF-office, 148 – 153.
- Akimova, T.A. (2013). Foundations of sustainable development economics [Osnovy ekonomiki ustoychivogo razvitiya]. M.: Economics, 332 p.
- Mikheeva, N.N. (2000). Regional economy and management [Regional’naya ekonomika i upravleniye]. Khabarovsk: RIOTIP, 400 p.
- Yakonovskaya, T.B., Zhigulskaya, A.I., & Zyuzin, B.F. (2014). Economic classification of methods for the development of peat deposits: a rental approach [Ekonomicheskaya klassifikatsiya sposobov razrabotki torfyanogo mestorozhdeniya: rentnyy podkhod]. Gorny information and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal), 7, 318 – 323.
- Gaifullina, M.M., & Kostomarova, E.V. (2020) Methodical approach to assessing the economic security of an oil company [Metodicheskiy podkhod k otsenke ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti neftyanoy kompanii]. Naukovedenie Internet journal. [Electronic resource] URL: http: //naukovedenie.ru/PDF/64EVN217.pdf (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Pluzhnikov, V.G., Kukharenko, S.I., & Shikina, S.A. (2017). Diagnostics as a tool for ensuring the economic security of an enterprise [Diagnostika kak instrument obespecheniya ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti predpriyatiya]. Bulletin of SUSU. Series “Economics and Management”, 1, 36 – 44.
- Tokar, E.V., & Serdyuk, L.Ye. (2017). Diagnostics as a tool for ensuring the economic security of an enterprise [Diagnostika kak instrument obespecheniya ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti predpriyatiya]. Modern economy: topical issues, achievements and innovations. Materials of the XI International Scientific and Practical Conference (November 25, 2017): in 2 parts. Penza: “Science and Education”, 1, 19 – 31.
- Vyborova, E.N. (2007). Methodological features of comparative diagnostics of the economic state of business entities [Metodologicheskiye osobennosti sravnitel’noy diagnostiki ekonomicheskogo sostoyaniya sub”yektov khozyaystvovaniya]. “Economic analysis: theory and practice”, 24 (105), 15 – 19.
- Khirevich, E.Yu. (2016). Assessment of the level of economic security of a metallurgical enterprise [Otsenka urovnya ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti metallurgicheskogo predpriyatiya]. Scientific and methodological electronic journal “Concept”, 11. [Electronic resource] URL: http: e-koncept.ru/2016/86211.htm. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Vinokurov, E. (2018). Introduction to the Eurasian Economic Union [Introduction to the Eurasian Economic Union]. London; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 211 p.
- Tcvetkov, R., & Strizhenok, A. (2016). Ecological and economic efficiency of peat fast pyrolysis projects as an alternative source of raw energy resources [Ecological and economic efficiency of peat fast pyrolysis projects as an alternative source of raw energy resources]. Journal of Ecological Engineering, 16. [Electronic resource] URL: http://www.jeeng.net/…, doi 10.12911 / 22998993/61190. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Model of the correlation between economic development and environmental performance based on the data of non-financial reporting of the company [Model’ korrelyatsii mezhdu ekonomicheskim razvitiyem i ekologicheskoy rezul’tativnost’yu na osnove dannykh nefinansovoy otchetnosti kompanii]/ Bogdanov V.D., et al. Economy of the region, 1. [Electronic resource] URL: http: //u55901.netangels.ru/arhiv_nomerov/2034/nomer_1_-_2020/07iBogdanov.pdf. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Anderson, T.W., & Sclove, S.L. (1974). Introductory Statistical Analysis. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 82 p.
- Aldieri, L., Vinci, C.P., & Kotsemir, M. (2019). The role of environmental innovation through the technological proximity in the implementation of the sustainable development. Business strategy and the environment. London: John Wiley & Sons, 28, 5, 356 – 366.
- Clarke, D., & Rieley, J. (2012). Strategy for responsible peatland management. [Electronic resource]. URL: http: www.bordnamona.ie/wp-co … (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Wright, M.M., Satrio, J.A., Brown, R.C., Daugaard, D.E., & Hsu, D.D. (2010). Techno-economic analysis of biomass pyrolysis to transportation fuels. National Renewable Energy Laboratory. [Electronic resource]. URL: http: www.nrel.gov/docs/fy11o … (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Sachs, J.D. & Warner, A.M. (1995). Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth. National Bureau of Economic Research. Cambridge: MA. NBER Working, 98 p.
- Bendikov, M.A. (2000). Economic security of an industrial enterprise in the conditions of crisis development [Ekonomicheskaya bezopasnost’ promyshlennogo predpriyatiya v usloviyakh krizisnogo razvitiya]. Management in Russia and abroad, 2, 19 – 29.
- Ndubisi, N.O., & Al-Shuridah, O. (2019). Organizational mindfulness, mindful organizing, and environmental and resource sustainability [Organizational mindfulness, mindful organizing, and environmental and resource sustainability]. Business strategy and the environment. London: John Wiley & Sons, 28, 3, 436 – 446.
- Akberdina, V.V., Grebenkin, A.V., & Smirnova, O.P. (2017). Complex tools for assessing the economic security of economic sectors: a regional aspect [Kompleksnyy instrumentariy otsenki ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti otrasley ekonomiki: regional’nyy aspekt]. Economy of the region, 4. [Electronic resource] URL: https://economyofregion.ru/arhiv/kompleksnyj-instrumentarij-oczenki-ekonomicheskoj-bezopasnosti-otraslej-ekonomiki-regionalnyj-aspekt/ (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Kozulin, A., Tanovitskaya, N. & Minchenko, N. (24.03.2018). Developing a national strategy for the conservation and sustainable use of peatlands in the Republic of Belarus. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://mires-and-peat.net/pages/volumes/map21/map2105.php. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Muller, F. (24.03.2018). Strategies for peatland conservation in France – a review of progress. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://mires-and-peat.net/pages/volumes/map21/map2106.php. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Gerding, M.A.W., Karel, E.H.K. & de Vries, G.E. (06.11.2015). The history of the peat manufacturing industry in The Netherlands: Peat moss litter and active carbon. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://mires-and-peat.net/pages/volumes/map16/map1610.php. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).
- Tcvetkov, P. S. (14.08.2017). The history, present status and future prospects of the Russian fuel peat industry. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://mires-and-peat.net/pages/volumes/map19/map1914.php. (Date of access: 08.07.2020).