Modern approaches to motivation at sea transport as an element of human resources management
The paper is devoted to the development of motivational approaches as a means of influencing on workers employed in sea transport. The aim is to increase the overall efficiency of the ship's crew. It is noted that the profit of any ship's crew directly depends on the employees, and on their full commitment to work. So, the ship's authorities should understand that achieving the desired result will be impossible without stimulation of the employees’ work.
Various approaches to the definition of the concept of motivation are analyzed. It is concluded that modern authors do not have a common opinion about the concept of motivation. Each of them has its own vision and interpretation of this definition but they all characterize motivation as an incentive person to activity. It is emphasized that the Master should know that the correct identification of the current needs and motivation of the ship's crew determines the effectiveness of programs and measures aimed at stimulating the crew. Therefore, all this ensures the productivity of their activities.
The theory by V.I. Gerchikov is proposed for use in the work of ship crews. Five types of labor motivation determine the main issues of his theory: instrumental, professional, bossy, patriotic, and avoidance (lumpenized) ones.
The article shows that the management of a ship's crew should be aimed at ensuring and maintaining optimal living conditions for its members in the process of their labor, social, domestic, and interpersonal relationships, taking into account personal qualities and characteristics of work at sea.
Motivation of personnel, stimulation of employees’ work, ship’s crew, productivity of activity, formation of motivation, typological model of motivation, interpersonal relations.
Бусурина Лариса Юрьевна, Харченко Ольга Александровна, Шумовская Наталья Евгеньевна, Ганчеренок Игорь Иванович. Modern approaches to motivation at sea transport as an element of human resources management // Современные технологии управления. ISSN 2226-9339. — #3 (96). Номер статьи: 9609. Дата публикации: 15.11.2021. Режим доступа: https://sovman.ru/en/article/9609/
Busurina Larisa Yurievna, Kharchenko Olga Alexandrovna, Shumovskaya Natalia Evgenievna, Gancherenok Igor Ivanovich. // Modern Management Technology. ISSN 2226-9339. — #3 (96). Art. # 9609. Date issued: 15.11.2021. Available at: https://sovman.ru/en/article/9609/
- Amstrong, M. Practice of Human Resource Management [Praktika upravleniya chelovecheskimi resursami]. – SPb.: Peter, 2004.824 p. S. 154-155.
- Karartinyan, ZO Regulation of informal relations in modern Russian administrative organizations [Regulyatsiya neformal’nykh otnosheniy v sovremennykh rossiyskikh administrativnykh organizatsiyakh]: abstract of thesis. … candidate of sociological sciences / Z.O. Karartinyan. – Rostov-on-Don, 2015-25 p.
- Podlesnykh, V.I. Management: a textbook for universities [Menedzhment: uchebnoye posobiye dlya VUZov] – St. Petersburg: ed. House of “Businesspress”. – 2014-340 p.
- Voronov, A.A. Competition in the XXI century [Konkurentsiya v XXI veke]/ A. A. Voronov // Marketing, 2017. – No. 5. – S. 16-24
- Doronina, I.V. Assessment in personnel management [Otsenka v upravlenii personalom]: uchebnoye posobiye]: a tutorial / IV Doronina, VN Menshova. – Novosibirsk: Publishing house SibAGS, 2016.-214 p.
- Bashmachnikova, Ye.V. Scope of services: definition, classification, tasks / EV Bashmachnikova [Sfera uslug: opredeleniye, klassifikatsiya, zadachi]// Problems of the theory and practice of management. – 2015.-189 p.
- Marenkov, N.L., Kosarenko, N.N. Organization personnel management: A textbook for students of higher educational institutions [Upravleniye personalom organizatsii: Uchebnoye posobiye dlya studentov vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy]. – M .: Academic project; Tricksta, 2014.-225 p.
- Komissarova, T.A. Human resource management: textbook. manual [Upravleniye chelovecheskimi resursami: ucheb. posobiye]/ T.A. Komissarova // Tool for business and business administration. – M .: Delo, 2016.-211 p.
- Test Motype – building a motivational profile [Test Motype – postroyeniye motivatsionnogo profilya] / Test V.I. Gerchikov. – Access mode: http: // b- t.com.ua/test_motype.php